These are the handful of stores I shop year-round – but that I especially want you to know about going into Black Friday / Small Biz Saturday / Cyber Monday!
These are the places I see raising the bar + inspiring industry-wide change. It’s why I shop with them year after year.
Plus each shop listed is committed to a higher standard of safety. Which is a big deal since the cosmetic industry in particular is almost entirely self-regulated in the states. These brands exclusively carry safer beauty + skincare + home products – so you can browse, shop, and discover new-to-you products with confidence.
Here’s the six I’m shopping this weekend, scroll down for details on the promos + special codes + my top picks at each place:
BLACK FRIDAY SALE: this sale is already happening as we speak! 15% off sitewide (except some value sets) + free shipping over $50. Discount is automatically applied. Beautycounter pretty much never does free shipping and their discounts are RARE. 11/22 – 12/1
Beautycounter has something they call The Never List – 1500 ingredients (and growing) that they vow to NEVER put in their formulations. I’ve found so many swoon-worthy swaps for my conventional beauty cult favorites. The BC blush in “nectar” is the perfect dupe for NARS “Orgasm” blush + their eyeshadow palette in “classic” is an epic swap for the Urban Decay Naked palettes.
My Top Picks:
- Velvet Eyeshadow Palette – in “Classic”
- Satin Powder Blush – in “Nectar”
- Radiant All Over Bronzer – in “Dune”
- Brilliant Brow Gel – I wear “Medium”
- Sheer Lipstick – I wear “Twig” + “Terra”
- Lengthening Mascara – last step in my 2-mascara method
- Overnight Resurfacing Peel – love waking up to visibly glowy skin
- Countertime Tripeptide Radiance Serum – safer retinol alternative
- Countertime Ultra Renewal Eye Cream – everyday staple for me
- Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Mist – a mineral sunscreen that actually rubs in all the way? Yes please.
- Countercontrol SOS Acne Spot Treatment – my best friend for monthly hormonal (or ice cream related) breakouts
- Limited EditionStarlight Eyeshadow Palette– stunning smokey eye palette for fall + winter
- Limited Edition Counter+ Skin Care Favorites – lets you try the full size peel I use + 3 other mini products
- Rosewood Lip Trio – lets you try mini sizes of all three lip products
(2) Primally Pure
BLACK FRIDAY SALE: My affiliate discount code of 10% is being raised to a whopping 20% off – use my link here + enter code LK20 at checkout. Good from 11/29-12/2
You can score my favorite natural deodorant at a discount. And the face serum I swear by. I use their plumping serum every night as a moisturizer and during black Friday this pricier pick is a steal for $20 off – it’s an anti-aging powerhouse and delivers some major moisture.
MY TOP PICKS:
- Deodorant – I rotate scents between “Blue Tansy” + “Charcoal”
- Plumping Serum – my face + neck moisturizer every p.m. with killer anti-aging ingredients!
- Cleansing Oil – I use the one for “Normal Skin”, cleanses without stripping my skin
- Complexion Mist – I use “Lavender” or “Geranium”
- Body Butter – there’s a trio you can get to try all three scents, I love them all but find myself buying tub after tub of the Eucalyptus + Lavender. The Almond Vanilla is super gentle and hydrating for dry, sensitive, or eczema/psoriasis prone skin. My mom swears by it.
- Baby Oil – I use this as an eye make-up remover, works for sensitive eyes + contact lens wearers
- Dry Shampoo – I use the one for “dark locks” just at the roots between washes
(3) The Detox Market
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL: Spend $100 + save $15. Spend $200 + save $40 + free Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil. Spend $400 + save $100 + free Pai Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil + free Jade Gemstone Roller. Discounts applied and free products added automatically at checkout, offer good 11/26-12/1
So many green beauty brands are available all in one place at The Detox Market + they have a solid rewards program. TDM has a robust list of banned ingredients and rigorously look into the formulas of all the brands they carry. Which makes it fun to shop here without being too concerned about having to do your own homework on each product.
- Lily Lolo Big Lash Mascara – best mascara hands down
- Maya Chia Highlight of the Day – highlighter + skincare in one product, I wear “Afternoon Delight”
- Agent Nateur Deodorant – Holi(rose) No. 4 + Holi(stick) No. 3 are my picks
- Ilia Liquid Light Serum – a little goes a long way of this highlighter, I wear “nova”
- Leahlani Skincare Mermaid Mask – like a green smoothie but for your face
- Leahlani Skincare Siren Serum – this brightening serum has an amazing tropical scent
(4) Integrity Botanicals
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL: 15% off orders $100 or more with code: IBBF15
20% off orders $200 or more with code: IBBF20 – Discount excludes the following brands: Josh Rosebrook, La Bella Figura, Kypris, May Lindstrom & Vintner’s Daughter. Starts 11/28 at 8pm EST and will run through 12/2
I’ve trusted + shopped at this company for years. Integrity Botanicals boasts an awesome rewards program and you get to choose 3 free samples to include in every order – which has helped me discover so many of my now-favorite products. Another great clean beauty swap for the Urban Decay naked palettes can be found here – Aether Beauty’s gemstone palettes.
- Aether Beauty Summer Solstice Palette
- Fitglow Lip Serum – color + treatment in one, I wear “nudie” + “buff”
- RMS Master Mixer – warm golden cream highlighter
- Priti NYC Nail Polish – 8-free nail polish in a gorgeous shade range
- Leahlani Skincare + Agent Nateur faves from TDM (above) are also available at Integrity Botanicals
(5) Clove + Hallow
**BLACK FRIDAY DEAL: Check back here tomorrow – as soon as I know YOU’LL know! From what I’ve seen it’s a steep percentage off with scales depending on your cart total ranging between 20-30% discounts.
I just found this company this year and I’m OBSESSED. Another woman-owned and operated company (sensing a theme here friends??) – these thoughtfully formulated cosmetics are designed by MUA Sarah Biggers-Stewart. So they deliver on performance AND safety. This is THE top swap I recommend for anyone who loves MAC + Urban Decay lip products. I use their concealer everyday.
- Conceal + Correct – I wear Shade 03 – this is my go-to for a higher coverage concealer that doesn’t LOOK high coverage, you know what I mean? Covers blemishes + dark circles + hyperpigmentation so well.
- Liquid Skin Tint Foundation – my mom has been trying to find a foundation she loves and this formula has been her favorite so far. The C+H team is really helpful with shade-matching questions
- Lip Crème – I use “Blooming”, “Creamsicle”, “Desert Rose” + “Sugared Plum”
- Lip Velvets – this is the only thing on this whole list that I haven’t personally tried but I’m including it because I’m grabbing these for myself in the sale. These are like a liquid lip stain that dries matte.
(6) Young Living
BLACK FRIDAY DEAL: This pdf has some of the black friday deals in the U.S. including special bundles. There’s also 20% off single oils good on Black Friday 11/29!
YL has some of the purest essential oils + safer home products around – I use their oils in my diffuser + DIY beauty products + safer home cleaning products. I love their seed to seal guarantee + ingredient-sourcing + ingredient transparency. And their Essential Rewards program is epic – like free product + points towards future purchases type of epic.
If you wanna become a member and take advantage of the sitewide sales this Friday – you can order your premium starter kit here. Being a member does not mean you ever have to do the business side, it just gets you access to discounted products (24% off retail price year round). If you plan to spend at least $50 a year on Young Living products the membership is a no-brainer way to save.
- Premium Starter Kit – comes with everything you need to get started with essential oils including 12 oils + a premium diffuser + rollerball caps + thieves hand sanitizer & spray + more samples
- These are my favorites to scoop up during the 20% off individual oils promo – Thieves (great for immune support) + Peppermint (energizing + refreshing) + Stress Away (if you combine this with Peppermint it smells like candy canes!) All of the ones I just mentioned come in the starter kit.