This Purple Sweet Potato Smoothie looks (and tastes) like a raspberry milkshake, but is packed with fill-you-up fiber, slow-digesting carbohydrates, protein, and antioxidants! The perfect recipe to enjoy before hitting the gym or as a quick & easy breakfast in the morning.
- 3/4 c roasted sweet potato*
- ½ c frozen raspberries
- 1 c almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 c plain Greek yogurt, unsweetened
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice**
- 1 scoop of collagen peptides***
- BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS: Layer ingredients into the blender (in order from easiest to hardest to blend to make it quicker and simpler for your blender to process) – almond milk, yogurt, lemon juice, vanilla extract, raspberries, sweet potato, and collagen (if using). Then sweeten to taste with natural sweetener of choice and blend until smooth. Enjoy immediately!
*I used roasted purple sweet potato in this recipe but you could use orange or white sweet potatoes too.
** I used 15 drops of liquid stevia, but you can use any natural sweetener you like (for example agave, maple syrup, coconut nectar, honey, or 1-2 pitted dates).
*** To keep this recipe vegetarian, omit the collagen (you could add vanilla whey protein powder instead if you want instead)
TO ROAST PURPLE SWEET POTATOES:
Preheat oven to 325. Drizzle a little cooking oil onto each potato and rub onto the skin until coated. Wrap in foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes (or until the sweet potato is soft when you squeeze it). Let cool, cut into rounds and freeze.
TO ROAST ORANGE OR WHITE SWEET POTATOES:
Preheat oven to 350. Prick each sweet potato several times with a fork (all over) or lightly pierce with a paring knife. Then wrap in foil, place on a baking sheet, and roast for 60 – 90 min (or until sweet potato is soft when you squeeze it). Let cool, cut into rounds, and freeze.
- Serving Size: 1 serving