Simple recipe for gluten-free Shredded Chicken Street Tacos using lean chicken breasts & NO oil. Top with cilantro, cotija cheese, salsa, & crunchy cabbage!
- tortillas (street taco sized)
- Crockpot Salsa Chicken
- shredded Monterey jack cheese
- crumbled cotija cheese
- sliced Limes
- crema / sour cream / 0% fat organic Greek yogurt
- fresh cilantro
- shredded cabbage
- Set oven to broil (if you have a high or low setting option, select high)
- Lay out the tortillas on a baking sheet (you do not need to grease it beforehand). Set out as many as will fit on the tray without overlapping with one another.
- Sprinkle a little pinch of Monterey jack cheese on each tortilla.
- Place a bit of pulled chicken on top of each cheesy tortilla.
- Once oven has preheated, place the tray in the oven to broil for 4 minutes (keep an eye on them or you could end up with mini tostadas instead).
- Once cheese has melted and tortillas are warmed through, remove from oven and add your choice of toppings.
If you want to keep things super simple or don’t prefer the melted Monterey jack cheese, you can skip the oven. Heat the tortillas in the microwave (for about 15-20 seconds max) until just warmed through and pliable, add chicken, and toppings.