Easy + healthy recipe for a Super Citrus Salad — with a bright Orange Vinaigrette! Baby greens, sweet orange slices, fresh mint, goat cheese, dried cranberries, and chopped candied nuts make for a refreshing dish. Gluten-free and vegetarian friendly.
- 6 cups of fresh baby greens*
- 1 navel orange
- 1 cara cara orange
- 1 blood orange
- ¼ c goat cheese**
- ½ c candied walnuts, chopped
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- ½ c dried cranberries
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- juice of ½ orange (about 3 tbs)
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs golden balsamic vinegar
- zest of ½ orange
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- SHAKE UP DRESSING: Add all dressing ingredients to a lidded jar and shake until well combined (or whisk together in a bowl).
- PREP THE ORANGES: Peel the oranges (either by hand or by slicing off the skin using the technique described in the post above // shown in the blog photos) and then slice into thin rounds. You can cut them into halves or quarters to make them into more bite-sized friendly pieces or just mix in some full rounds, halves, and quarters for fun presentation.
- ASSEMBLE THE SALAD: Divide the greens and oranges into two large bowls. Tear the mint leaves into pieces and sprinkle on top. Add the rest of the toppings (the candied nuts, goat cheese, and cranberries). Toss together with your desired amount of dressing. Serve and eat immediately.
You can use ANY oranges you have available. Since they vary in size (navels are larger, cara cara oranges are medium sized, and blood oranges are on the smaller side) you’ll want to adjust accordingly. So if you’re using all navel oranges – consider using just two of them. If you’re using all cara cara – then consider using four depending on the size.
*Tender baby greens and lettuces work best in this recipe. I used Organic Girl Sweet Pea Greens blend and have also used a blend of sweet baby lettuces, romaine, and spinach. All work excellent here.
**Honey goat cheese is especially delicious in this!
- Serving Size: 1 salad