This DIY Glow Serum recipe teaches you how to make your own face oil! This luxe blend features some of the best essential oils for skin and is so simple to make!
Keep reading to learn how to make this + how to get the bottle free from me!
Today we’re making our own luxe face oil with this DIY Glow Serum!
So many skin supporting essential oils (EOs) are teaming up in this simple blend that can be used morning and night. They’re the real superstars of this oil and the hero ingredients in many of my fave luxe skincare products.
We’re using 3 essential oils in this – two single essential oils and one blend with multiple oils in one. That third one is like a shortcut – perfect for anyone new to essential oils or who is still building their collection.
All three of the EOs you need come in your starter kit, so if you’ve scooped up one of these from me recently – you’ve already got what you need to make this radiant skin oil!
If you haven’t yet click here to grab your essential oils starter kit to make this DIY Face Oil. I’ll even send you the glass dropper bottle to make it (or a free diffuser) – you choose!)
This DIY Glow Serum uses essential oils known for their skin support benefits, including:
- Lavender – calming & healing for all skin types, promotes clear skin, gently moisturizing
- Frankincense – I use it for fine lines, great for all skin types especially mature/ aging skin
- Geranium – potent powerhouse, great for oily or dry skin, promotes smooth & toned skin
- Blue Tansy – the darling of luxe skincare, promotes radiant skin & is very balancing
What carrier oils are best to use with my essential oils?
Use a quality carrier oil to dilute your essential oils for topical use – preferably organic, cold-pressed, unrefined oils. Think of carrier oils as a way to help your EOs absorb better into your skin. A good carrier oil maximizes your essential oil’s potential benefits and dilutes them to a non-irritating concentration.
This recipe uses jojoba oil – which is a very face friendly oil that absorbs fairly quickly. Making it easy to apply and wear under makeup. You can use it alone or wear it with another moisturizer if you have very dry skin or are experiencing dry conditions where you live.
Jojoba oil is considered a non-comedogenic oil – meaning it won’t clog your pores the way that a comedogenic oil (like coconut oil) might when applied to the face. A good general rule I use is to only use fractionated coconut oil to body products, and use jojoba for the face.
Here’s a few other face friendly carrier oils you could swap for jojoba oil:
- Argan oil = my recommendation for anyone with oily or breakout prone skin, absorbs very fast, lightweight, non-comedogenic, and rich in Vitamin E
- Rosehip Oil = my personal favorite, I tend to do half jojoba oil and half rosehip seed oil in my homemade face serums since it’s rich in omegas + antioxidants, very restorative
- Pomegranate Seed Oil = my choice for dry, aging or mature skin, rich in fatty acids, moisturizing, you can blend this with jojoba and/or rosehip for a rich does-it-all blend
Where can I get quality carrier oils & the dropper bottles?
Make sure you’re getting a quality carrier oil to pair with your pure EOs – for jojoba oil look for organic, cold-pressed, unrefined, and it’s natural golden color. If your jojoba oil is clear – you know something’s up in how that was processed.
WHERE DO YOU GET YOUR PURE ESSENTIAL OILS?
If Free Your Fork had a motto it would be “quality matters”. So I like to source products and ingredients – food, beauty, home cleaning, personal care, etc – from companies that are in line with that same belief. I only use pure essential oils on my skin.
Many “pure essential oils” you can buy at the store are diluted with things like coconut oil, which is not very face friendly. Or contain the kind of preservatives or synthetic fragrances that you may not be happy to put on your skin every day.
I source all my essential oils from one trusted place – Young Living. They never use fillers or add synthetic chemicals in their oils. So what you’re getting is only the good stuff – pure, potent, essential oils.
I really dig their:
- Seed to Seal promise
- Commitment to consumer safety (in-house and third party testing)
- Radical ingredient transparency (ethical sourcing, trusted farms, full ingredient lists)
NEED OILS? I CAN HELP! ORDER HERE AND I’LL SEND YOU A BONUS FREE DIFFUSER -OR- NATURAL LIVING DIY BUNDLE AS A WELCOME GIFT. PLUS MORE RECIPES!
Click here to see how to order + see all current promos and perks
WANT MORE OILS TIPS & RECIPES? DOWNLOAD THESE FREE PRINTABLES WITH OVER 15+ DIY CLEAN BEAUTY + CLEAN HOME RECIPES!
This DIY Glow Serum is a recipe to make your own face oil! This luxe blend features some of the best skin supporting essential oils and is so simple to make!
Add frankincense, lavender, and valor drops to the bottle
Fill remainder up with organic jojoba oil, taking care to leave enough room at the top to be able to put the dropper back into the bottle
Twist cap on and tip back & forth gently until well combined
Apply to face a.m. and p.m. (after cleanser + toner / mist).
* or other carrier oil of choice, to make sure you choose a non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging) face friendly oil, scroll up to see my top swap choices for jojoba oil. They’re all laid out and linked in the blog post – along with my recommendations for where to buy quality, pure essential oils
You can get a starter kit that comes with all three of these pure essential oils, click order here to see how to sign up + see all the perks!
PS – If you sign up with me I’ll send you the glass dropper bottle for free -or- a free diffuser, your choice!
***Any suggestions made on this blog are very specific to Young Living essential oils and should not be used with oils from another source. Statements made on this website about Young Living Essential Oils have not been evaluated by the FDA. These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, please do not stop.