In this episode…
I am joined by mindset and wellness coach, Amanda Katherine Loy. She shares what it’s been like to navigate a serious health challenge, and her advice for how to get through life’s messiest & toughest times.
Amanda and I discuss the importance of resilience, vulnerability, community, and curiosity. Highlighting strategies & mindset shifts to help you through whatever curveballs are thrown your way. Life can be beautiful, messy, chaotic, unpredictable, and at times downright scary. But, as Amanda helps us see through her story, there are ways that we can reclaim control over our thoughts + our mindset + our daily choices. And empower ourselves to come out on the other side even stronger than before.
As she shares so openly in this episode – last year, Amanda discovered she had the BRCA gene and was faced with a big decision. At the age of 27, she decided to get a preventive double mastectomy. And after going through this experience herself, she’s created a supportive community & valuable resources for other women to feel less alone.
Whether your own challenges are health-related or not, each and every one of us faces trying moments in our lives. Moments that demand us to learn, grow, and feel in new ways. It’s in moments like those that having a framework & a set of strategies to lean on is immensely helpful. We each share our own hard-learned advice, body confidence journeys, managing anxiety, sitting with uncomfortable feelings and so much more in this important episode.
- Life is messy. Embrace the mess. Instead of glossing over your challenges, acknowledge the uncomfortable feelings and be honest about what’s happening. Get curious about why these feelings may be coming up for you. Give yourself space to truly feel them and express them fully. Share about them in the ways you are comfortable doing so, and have compassion for yourself as you move through this season.
- Accept what’s out of your hands. Control what you can control. Tune into any fear or discomfort around what you cannot control. Then practice shifting your focus onto what you can change. What can you do to feel better today? Who can you reach out to? What do you need? Is there some mindset work you’re avoiding? How are you starting your day? How could you spend more time pouring into you?
- You are not alone. If you find yourself facing a serious health issue seek out a supportive community or qualified professional to help you along the way. Don’t underestimate the value and power of connection. If you can’t find a community, consider creating one yourself. You never know who else out there could be in need too.
What to do next…
If Amanda’s story resonated with you or you want to learn more about the BRCA gene, her experience getting tested, or to connect with her please use the links below to get in touch with her. This episode on her podcast is a great place to start. And reach out to a trusted healthcare professional to talk through your concerns.
Use Amanda’s F*CK method (see acronym below) to start reclaiming some control over how you’re feeling right now. Journal them out or use them as a framework to walkthrough with a trusted friend or professional. Get curious about how you want to feel everyday and entertain the possibility that it is indeed possible for you.
- F – Feel Your Feels
- U – Uplevel Your Mindset + Take Control
- C – Choose A Desired Feeling
- K – Kick It Into Action (move towards your desired feeling)
Links and Resources…
Connect with Amanda on Instagram: @amandakatherineloy
Learn about her Boobie BFF Membership:
Join her Facebook Community: Live Your FYES Life
Amanda’s Website: www.amandakatherineloy.com
Tune In to Amanda’s Podcast: Live Your F*ck Yes Life