The Anthro Volcano Candle Diffuser Blend! Your favorite anthropologie candle scent - minus the synthetic fragrances and paraffin wax! This essential oil diffuser blend is scented with sugared citrus, light florals, and a hint of woodsy greens. OBSESSED!
Ready to see how to make your home smell like Anthropologie?
There’s two ways to make this blend - a shortcut way with 3 gorgeous oils and a luxe version that uses 5 oils. I’m sharing both diffuser recipes here. So whether you’re brand new to essential oils (EOs) or already have a growing collection - you can make this blend!
This is such an easy swap if you love how Anthropologie smells but aren’t down with paraffin wax + synthetic fragrances in your home. Which btw. I checked with both Anthro + the candle manufacturer (Capri Blue) and was bummed to see this well-loved candle had BOTH in it.
It’s totally possible to make your home smell amazing, the natural way! Diffusers are an easy swap for toxic candles, room sprays, and scented plug-ins.
My advice? Skip all the legwork involved in contacting candle companies about what’s in their wax blends, what their wicks are made of, and if their scents are naturally derived (or not). And just go straight for the simplest switch. Diffusers with essential oils. If you’re using pure, quality oils then you can rest easy knowing you’re using just 2 ingredients - water and oils.
The best part of using EO's instead of candles is having control over the scent! You can make it sweeter, more or less woodsy, floral, earthy, simple, complex, strong scented or more subtle.
Ways to Customize Your Blend
Both of these Anthro Volcano Candle Diffuser Blend variations have that sugared citrus, lightly floral, hint of woodsy greens vibe that we all know & love in those candles. With slight differences.
The 3-oil blend is sweeter, more sugared citrus, while the 5-oil blend is more floral and nuanced.
Fully obsessed + you’ll find us diffusing this blend a LOT in our house. Here’s some ideas for EO swaps you can make and how to customize this blend into your dream candle scent:
- Swap Tangerine for Orange if you want a sweeter citrus note
- Use Idaho Blue Spruce in place of Northern Lights Black Spruce - I alternate depending on what's in stock, or try adding Pine for more classically woodsy scent
- Add more Valor to play up the "sugared" citrus note
- Use more Grapefruit if you like a brighter, crisp, clean citrus vibe
- Mix in some Lime if you want it to be more tropical
- Try a few drops of Stress Away to add a vanilla note
- Incorporate some drops of Lemon if you want a fuller citrus scent
Anthro Volcano Candle Diffuser Blend
- Short + Sweet
- 5 drops Grapefruit
- 5 drops Tangerine
- 5 drops Valor
- 6 drops Grapefruit
- 6 drops Tangerine
- 3 drops Geranium
- 3 drops Black Spruce or Blue Spruce
- 1 drop Lime optional
- Add these oils (for either the short & sweet OR the luxe ingredient list) to your diffuser and top with water up to your diffuser’s fill line
- Turn on your diffuser and enjoy!
***These products and information are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from disease or injury should consult with a physician. If you are currently on medication, please do not stop.